The study programme Informatics and Computing enables students to acquire knowledge and skills necessary for identification and algorithmic formalization of the real-life issues in practice, and their software implementation using modern programming languages. In addition, students shall acquire necessary knowledge in the area of design and administration of computer networks and databases of complete information systems based on modern Internet technology and Web services. This study programme deals with theory-based mechanisms for information protection in computers and computer networks and their practical implementation in computer protocols.
The study programme Informatics and Computing is designed to meet the needs of today's market with the aim to prepare future graduates for well -paid and attractive jobs. Upon successful completion of this study programme, the students shall acquire the academic title of Bachelor of Science in Informatics.
The realization of this study programme is supported by application software packages in collaboration with the world-renowned companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Cisco, CA Technologies (CA ERwin Data Modeler) and SAP. Through application of modern programming languages, the students are trained to solve every day issues, which means that they can find the desired employment upon graduation without additional training. The graduates in the area of IT are competent to solve real-life issues and perform tasks related to:
- security (manager, developer, security analyst of IT systems, computer networks security engineer and / or CISCO, digital forensics, cryptographic mechanisms development engineer, safety engineers IS)
- databases (database administrator, Oracle database administrator, data modeling engineer, database applications designer, Oracle SQL, MySQL, Microsoft Access, SQL developer)
- processes (analyst, engineer, business processes designer, engineer in charge of business processes reengineering),
- computer networks (administrator, engineer, computer network manager)
- interface (engineers who design and develop the user interface of web applications, design and development of user interface desktop applications, optimization of web / desktop application development Oracle interface ),
- web services (web services developer, developer of service-oriented applications, developer of business and / or integrated web services, developer of web services in cloud computing environments, development engineer in charge of Internet marketing and trade)
- server (web administrator / application server, virtualization platforms administrator)
- operating systems (Unix administrator and / or Linux and / or Windows systems);
- information systems (IS project development manager, IS architect, systems analyst, IS modeling engineer, implementation engineer, development and maintenance of ERP solutions, testing and system implementation engineer, IT consultant)
- intelligent systems (Data mining and / or Data Warehouse and / or ETL developers, engineering for modeling data warehouse, intelligent business solutions development engineer, intelligent systems development project manager),
- applications (all engineering positions in the field of internet providing, developers of CMS systems, Internet / Intranet applications, applications for mobile phones, software engineer, graphics applications programmer, development engineer, implementation and maintenance of data protection in computer networks, e-business development engineer, developer of modern information technology in public administration and local government, banking, tourism),
- engineering (engineering in the field of geographic information systems, artificial intelligence developer, development engineer for educational purposes).
Course books and study materials for the current semester are included in the tuition fee.
The elective courses are available here.