The purpose of doctoral study programme is to train students in:
- critical thinking and self-solving theoretical and practical problems in the field,
- keeping up the pace with modern scientific achievements,
- implementation of research projects,
- publication of scientific research results in scientific journals and at scientific meetings,
- scientific research at universities, institutes and other research and development centers,
- contributing to the development of scientific disciplines.
Upon defendeding a doctoral dissertation, a student acquires the title of a PhD.