The third international scientific conference SINTEZA 2016 was held on Friday, April 22, 2016 at Singidunum University in Belgrade. The emphasis of this year’s conference was on ICT and E-business related research.
The speakers at the opening ceremony were:
- Prof. Mladen Veinović, rector of Singidunum University;
- Professor Branko Kovacevic, a full professor at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade and a longstanding friend of Singidunum University;
- Mr. Roberto Mignemi, a co-owner and CEO of the Italian company Omnitech IT;
- Mr. Deasún Ó Conchúir, PhD, Collaboration consultant and trainer at Scaterwork GmbH, Switzerland
Sinteza 2016 provides an ideal platform for the exchange of information and dissemination of best practices, advancements in the state-of-the art and technical improvements in the domain of ICT and E-business related research in today's ubiquitous and virtual environment. This year's scientific committee comprises 28 professors from the country and 40 professors from 37 reputable Universities worldwide.
The overall statistical data on the conference are as follows:
- The number of submitted papers: 125
- The number of submitted full papers: 111
- The number of accepted papers: 102
- The number of rejected papers: 9
The number of papers according to their related field:
- The Internet and Development Perspectives: 16
- Advanced Computing and Cloud Computing: 7
- Cryptography and Security: 13
- Energy Efficiency and Distributed Systems :2
- Geographic Information Systems: 3
- Advanced Engineering Systems: 19
- ICT in Foreign Language Learning and Teaching:11
- E-business, banking, commerce, marketing: 33
- E-governance: 7
- ICT in Tourism and Hospitality: 12
- ICT in Physical Education and Sport Science: 2
Out of the total number of papers, 44 is from Singidunum University, while other submissions came from reputable institutions in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Libya, Greece, Lithuania, Germany, Norway, Romania, Switzerland and United Arab Emirates.
The Conference Proceedings are currently being prepared and shall soon be available on the conference website, as well as all relevant post-conference information.